Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A new day has dawned and I am on my bike. Will you ride with me ?

Twenty plus years of programming and writing about Microsoft Access programming and tricks and I have come to that point where I have to decide on a new trail for my life and career.


So what is really important for your editor at this stage in life ?

  • I need to get fitter, 10k steps on the fitbit plus eight hours at a desk wasn't working. Body was suffering.
  • I have great support staff to help with the work
  • I like learning about tech and writing about what I have learnt
This decision making coincided with a bike riding holiday in New Zealand and my parents moving on to another decent place. So to cut a long story short, I got into a spot of bicycle blogging on Facebook. This then turned into a website and slowly it dawned on me, I like writing about bike riding and I like exploring and mapping. After all I had a Masters Degree in Land Surveying and all I have ever done is program in Microsoft Access and Fortran and I never mapped anything.

So for you, the Microsoft Access and Office reader this means

  • I am going to work through my vb123.com.au website, review every article and make the downloads for those articles free as I do it. I will post those article into this newsletter as I go
  • I will detail my trials and failures about my new bike riding website as I go and post those observations into this newsletter.  
  • On the 20th July, I will add the readers of this magazine into my bike trail magazine so you can keep track of what is happening. You can easily drop out of that newsletter just like you can drop out of this one. I use the services of Aweber to help with all the security and newsletters.
For now, I would like to direct you to an article that I wrote for a Family Travel Blogger called MumPackTravel about my first rail trail biking holiday with three families.  Its should be a reasonably amusing read for you and the pictures of New Zealand are terrific. Click here to read the story. 


Now you are probably asking why write for someone else and write for free. The truth is the www is now so huge, just creating a website and hoping someone will come to it just didn't work in the first few months of biketrail.info. So I decided to find people who were interested in my content. This was my first success in that endeavour.  The MumPackTravel website has a lot of followers as detailed on this page.  Now I have my big outside link, my website should get found.  

That's my first Social Media related post, hopefully you won't mind following a new part of my life. Now I need to do a programming article like the good old days.

Garry Robinson
Editor and a person who now rides at least 15km on different trails everyday.









No comments: